Callaway RAZR X Forged Irons (11735 views/week)
Win with Power and Precision Designed by Roger Cleveland with feedback from the Tour, these forged irons provide the feel and feedback preferred by elite players and include Callaway’s industry-leading groove. What truly sets the RAZR X Forged Irons apart is the unique Triple Net Forging process. Not only does it yield superior feel and aesthetics, it allows for the high performance Tour CC Grooves that were used to win two majors in 2010. Constructed of 1020 carbon steel, these elite-level irons provide superior feedback and have all the classic aesthetics highly skilled players demand for precise workability.
- Tour CC Grooves - The highest performing grooves only achievable in forged clubs. By tightly spacing up to 30% more conforming grooves, the clubs generate increased spin for aggressive shot-making.
- Forged 1020 Carbon Steel- Renown by better players for its feedback and feel, Callaway’s Triple Net Forging ensures tight tolerances which can’t be achieved with conventional methods.
- New Tour-Inspired Head Shape - In addition to a thin topline, narrow sole and short blade length, the clubhead has a higher, squared-off toe and a sharper leading edge for precision and workability.
- Written by:Sam
- Date:July 3, 2012
- Shaft Tested:Project X Rifle shaft
- Flex Tested: -
- Previously Used:ping I-10
I will break it down like this, It is a tour club that feels as buttery smooth as a game improvement iron with the workability of a blade. I thought at first this Iron would be far to hard to hit being I only play on average once a week, but I could not have been more wrong. I hit the Mizuno JXP 800 pro, and MP-53's. Titleist ap1's both Nike VR forged sets, and the Taylor Made Tour Preferred irons, and was not totally wowwed by any one of these sets. After talking to a salesman he said it would not hurt to at least try Callaway Razr X forged and I did. From the first five hits at the stores outdoor range I was releived that I actually found a set the felt so good in a players iron, and will still let you know when you miss. With my Ping I-10's I hit the ball way too high, and spun the ball way too much, but this set is the perfect medium between my Ping I-10's and my Mizuno blades. Great iron set! I would not trade it for any other Iron set on the market right now! First set of Callaway irons since the very first Big Birtha set, and could not be more satisfied. also I got the 5.5 Rifle Project X shafts, and I must say they feel much better to me than the DG S300.
- Latest Reviews
- Titleist Mens 695MB Forged Irons ( Jon Graham )
- Ping i15 Hybrid Utility Woods ( Scruffy )
- Ping i15 Irons ( Scruffy )
- Titleist 910D2 Driver ( )
- ( )